From Atlanta to Shreveport I read Skinny Bitch , this book is hilarious and it's also VERY eye opening! It makes you not want to eat "decaying flesh". I guess like every other American I ate my filet mignon and never thought twice, but the authors write about the HORRIBLE conditions these animals live in and how they are treated by the workers....UGH it makes me sick to know this information now. The book lays it out on the line and says "quit bitching and make changes to be healthy and get skinny!!" So today marks my official switch to veganism. Meat will not be a big deal to me, I used to be a vegetarian, but the hardest thing to give up will be cheese. I heart cheese!!! But it really is SO fattening, so maybe I could just see what happens.
On a wedding note, my while up in Boston my Dad went to play golf a few times on the Cape with his friend from college. They went to Mass Maritime Academy and his friend is like a captain there or something, but he was telling my Dad about the favors he was ordering for some event at the Academy......Monkeyfist knot keychains! So my Dad tells me this and then the fact that they are only like 50 cents or $1 per keychain! And then my Dad tells me he can make these knots, so I may employ him to make these for the reception decor......and if he doesn't want to then I can just tell him "well if we can't DIY then you have to pay for them".

On a sad note.....David can no longer read the blog....the military blocked it!!!

1 comment:
Apartment therapy did a post on the monkey fist door stops that were at CS Post, and a commentor listed this site, which is great
www.knotandrope.com also www.netknots.com
Let me know if you find the keychains, though, since I would LOVE to use them as my favors!!
Thanks, Kelly
Post a Comment