Sunday, October 28, 2007

Non Wedding DIY



Our apartment, like our wedding, has small nautical touches. Since we are both from the Coast we grew up on the water.....the beaches & the bayous. We have about 5 Walter Anderson prints reflecting our love of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. For the most part everything in our living room is red, blue, yellow, and white with a few green accents. As of right now the wall our TV is on is pretty blank other than the short TV stand and TV. So I was thinking about making something to put above this area on the wall. It's just so blank and I am trying to get the apartment "cohesive" and "homey" for David when he gets back. This may be cheesey but I am going to paint canvases of the nautical flags that stand for our initials. The E, F, D are red, blue, white, and yellow so it will go with our decor and if it looks stupid I can always hang them in the laundry room! I'm hoping it will turn out rugged and Pottery Barn-ish!

This is one of the Walter Anderson prints above our sofa!

2 comments:

Lamp Tramp said...

It looks so nice.... you are lucky to have so many Walter Anderson prints...

__ said...

i remember you mentioning the gulf coast and i just saw this post about the mississippi gulf coast!! my fiance just got a job offer in biloxi/gulfport! we also have an offer in new jersey and are having a tough time deciding. do you know much about biloxi? any advice you could give would be so amazingly helpful!!! :o)