Monday, October 8, 2007

Beauvoir

Many people want to know why David and I are getting married in Shreveport and not at home, somewhere on the coast. Well there are no more beautiful places left. We figured Shreveport would just be easier.





I would love to have had a lawn party reception at Beauvoir, Jefferson Davis' home. But alas, this beautiful home was devastated by the storm (see below). When I was a Freshman at Ole Miss I went to Kappa Alpha's Old South and that year they had it at Beauvoir. It was so beautiful with everyone strolling the lawn in their Gone With the Wind attire. I could just imagine having a wedding reception there....(sigh)
I'm on the front row 4th girl in from the right---------^

3 comments:

Lamp Tramp said...

Oh, yes, such wonderful memories. I see your sweet face and think of the fun we had together finding that beautiful dress. So sad about Beauvouir.
Love, mommy

PaperCourt said...

Old South...what a party! I went to GA Southern and attended several Old South Balls.

__ said...

so sad! so j&i are really leaning toward moving to biloxi/gulfport right now for a lot of reasons ... and we're thinking about having the wedding in the south ... are there really no great venues (like beauvoir) left? :o( my ideal setting would be a historic home and have a lawn/garden party like you were talking about. any suggestions?