Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What does YOUR husband do?

Yesterday afternoon I went to see David receive an Army Commendation Medal. I couldn't believe he told me the day before and didn't even think it was a big deal if I came, but of course I am all about going! So I get ready and wear a really cute blue toile halter dress, with cardigan and pearls of course! I am so excited because I looked cute and "supportive wife-ish", I get there and its all military guys and a few of their very frumpy looking wives. Well I stand out like a sore thumb..... so we are all sitting there in this auditorium(all the guys from his shop came too) and there is this loud noise and everyone jumps up and is at attention, so of course this scares me and I let out a high pitched noise and everyone starts laughing at me! So all of a sudden the speaker just gets right into talking about David and next thing I know I missed the picture moment, Damn! So this is why he received the medal........"for flawlessly executing 276 combat missions "......."he spotted a pressure wire in the middle of the road and swerved the vehicle saving the lives of him and his patrol"..........."he thwarted the efforts of bomb emplacers on 2,876 miles of highway, with 216 hours on the road, dismantling and disposing of IED's prior to their lethal detonation"

So I am pretty proud of him! He was there for 170 days and had 276 missions, you do the math.

6 comments:

so tired said...

Don't worry about missing the picture. He'll have plenty more of those ceremonies for you to catch on film.

Was there a military photographer there? Maybe you could get a picture from them???

Also, you sound like you looked pretty cute. Wouldn't you rather stick out looking good than join the crowd and look frumpy???

I'll bet the frumpy wives discussed you later. Hee, hee. Oh, the jealousy!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Congrats to your brave hubby. So glad that we have men & women like him to serve in our military.

Lamp Tramp said...

We're so proud of you, David! Wish I could have been there to see you officially get your medal! Now I'm crying!!!

Far From Perfect said...

Hi..I stalk your mothers blog,clicked my way to you... So glad you were able to attend the ceremony. My husband is in Iraq right now, I know about frumpy wives.

Love all your plans & ideas for your wedding...

Unknown said...

I'm proud of your David too! Tell him thank you for me.

alanna said...

believe me, you will be so glad that you dressed cute - as he advances, there'll be more opportunities, and you'll start being photographed with him...you'll be very happy you dressed so cutely!!