Friday, February 8, 2008

Formal or Cocktail?

Tonight David and I are going to this "event". I am not exactly clear on how formal this "event" is, at first it was a formal, then it was cocktail, now its evening. That made it pretty difficult to find something to wear. There is only one place here to buy a decent priced dress and thats Dillards. We actually have 2 of them, one is fabulous and the other ugh.......Well I tried the "ugh" Dillards first because its right down the road, of course they had nothing but prom looking dresses. Then I drove to the other Dillards and found a great dress but it was $228 and mum wasn't here to provide the financials, so I kept searching. Then I found this little pink dress in the 50% off section. And it was my size (sorta, Dave is going to be on button patrol)! Well anyhoo I got it for $85, but I am a little worried that I wont be dressed correctly. Dave said its ok, and threw in that there will be wives/girlfriends in prom dress and also people not dressed up at all. The last "formal" type event we went to there were people in tuxes and jeans so I dont think its too big a deal. The dress is 100% silk and is shin length and poofs out like a 1950's type dress. Cross your fingers for me, I will take pictures of any crazy outfits and post tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lamp Tramp said...

I like the dress...being silk makes it dressier. So how was it last night?