Tuesday, November 6, 2007

MIA?

I decided to pack up and head to Oxford this past weekend to see my brother and my future SIL, I left O-town Monday morning and just kept going South. So here I am in Diamondhead. Today, Mum and I went to New Orleans to "the WORST bridal store ever" as I now refer to it. Pearls Place in Metarie is horrible. All the dresses were dirty and ripped. I know thats not what your buying, but still how can you decide when there is a big stain on the sample? The lady that "helped" us contradicted herself like 8 times and heres the biggie......they cut the tags out of the dresses so you don't know what your trying on or how much it is!!! I tried on 1 dress and then we got the hell outta there! So the search will continue.........

4 comments:

Chitown Wife said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear that about Pearls Place. I totally wondered about that place, because I had a friend say to order my bridesmaids dresses from there. Thanks for the heads up.

Linda said...

I stumbled on your blog today.
Oh, no. I'm sorry to hear about your misadventure at Pearl's Place. I've heard of tons of girls ordering from them. Good to know you had a bad experience. Thanks for the advice.

SCM said...

Hi there. I just found your blog. I'm also planning a wedding.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Pearl's Place. I actually ordered my bm dresses there because they had the best price, but I'm sure if I saw the actual store I might not have. Luckily, the dresses arrived in perfect condition. I had a similar situation at The Bridal Mart in NC... they have great bargains too but the store turned me off from ordering anything from them.

Belle said...

From what I've heard, Pearl's Place is if you're just ordering, but totally worthless if you're planning to set foot in the store. I did a little research on them. There is actually a website www.pearlsplacesucks.com.