Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Extensions:Not for the tender-headed

Last Friday I had my hair trial, it went great and I am happy with how it turned out. Deborah, the lady who did it, told me that in order to get the extensions out all you have to do is rub conditioner on them and they fall right out. So last night I decided to take them out because I figure the more I straighten/roll them, the more fried and nasty they will get. Heres how it went:

5:15 Get in shower, start rubbing conditioner

5:17 start tugging on extensions

5:20 dump more conditioner on my head

5:30 still rubbing, turn shower off as to avoid running out of hot water

5:38 more conditioner

5:40 sitting on side of tub massaging head

5:41 yell to David that yes I am ok

5:42 yell to David that no I am not ok

5:45 crying as I pull out the first piece

6:20 still crying as I pull out the last piece


Ok I had to pull out 16 seperate extensions, I have really thick hair so she had to use alot. Now I am trying to get the glue off my head, ouch, I am losing hair left and right. This is not good. Deborah told me to hang them up to let them dry so here is what they look like:

They look kinda gross because I didn't wash the conditioner out of them. I was to tired to do that so I just hung them over the ironing board. David walked and hit the ground laughing. I didn't know where else to put them?? I am just glad I left them in for the engagment photos, because I have to wear a hat for the next few days to hide the glue chunks attached to my scalp.

5 comments:

Etiquettely Correct said...

ouch - sorry they were painful to remove. I have always wanted to try extensions - but now I am not so sure. I bet they look great in the pictures though!

Lamp Tramp said...

OMG this is so funny! I have been laughing the entire time reading this post. Not laughing at your pain but how funny and ridiculus it all seems....the price of beauty! I really needed a good laugh as I was just released from Colonoscopy duty(5:00 am til 3:30pm) 30 minutes ago.

Still can't believe all the extensions...wow... thats is a lot of hair. Now I know why it cost so much. Do you still have peanut butter in you hair? I love you xoxox

Jenna said...

I'm sure they looked so full and great in the pictures. Now I understand why all of the girls I know hold onto their extensions as long as possible before taking them out.

Stacy @ The Next-to-Nothing House said...

I feel your pain sister! I had extensions about a year ago....for 1 week. I'm just not meant to have long hair and decided to remove them....I was convinced that the hairdresser used superglue. It is a possiblity....she is my sister! lol Best wishes on your wedding!

Anonymous said...

If you heat the glue first (if fusion) with a hair dryer, and apply conditioner to dry hair they slip right out. Wetting them is the worst thing though- the glue stiffens. Your's look like tracks and not fusion though, so I would be reaally careful- tracks that are glued in can cause bald spots according to my old fusion extension guy!