Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I need to ge this off my chest.....

I am so sick and tired of people telling me stories about how they know someone whose brother/friend/friend's brother came back from Iraq and was "so messed up" . What the HELL are you thinking by telling me this? It does not help!!!! Do not go into details of drug/alcohol/spousal abuse!!! I am going to stop telling people David is there because lately thats all the response I get.....not "thank you" or "wow you are really brave" or " I will pray for him". Are people really that dense that they think their comments help me? And DO NOT start talking about the war and how you think its stupid and pointless because your demeaning me and my future husband. People around here are mentally challenged!! Can you believe people really do this to me? As if I am not stressed enough!!! GRRRRRR......

My reply to those people is "Well I am soooo lucky that I do not have to worry about that.....my fiancee is normal, unlike you"

7 comments:

Lamp Tramp said...

I'm so sorry that you have to hear that. Most people think they are helping when they give advice, this is a different situation. Stay with your positive thoughts, David will be better than ever when he comes home to you.
Love, your Mommie

Tickled Pink And Green said...

That's so rude! People can be so clueless!

sle said...

My son was in the AF and in EOD. I admire your fiance.It takes lots of courage to do what he is doing. Best wishes to you both!

Sarah Dennis said...

Liz, I'm glad you are venting your frustrations on "Blogger" and not keeping them in! Go ahead, blow off a little steam! You are about to become the bride of a solider and believe me, I KNOW, you're going to have to deal with people's wacky comments, it just comes with the terrority...I really don't think people have a clue.

Don't let it get to you too much; David is going to need you to be strong! What our men and women in military are doing is extraordinary. I salute them and I salute their families!

Keep your head up! Be poised under pressure, you're a solider's bride - - - "never let them see you sweat"!

Anonymous said...

he probably WILL have mental repurcussions and YOU need to quit the denial.

The Adventures of Maverick & the Mrs. said...

Oh honey. I totally understand how you are feeling. AND I would GUARANTEE that "anonymous" has never had to face this crap that we are going through in his/her life. I will continue to pray for the people like "anonymous" while your soon-to-be-hubby and my husband fight for his/her right to free speech, which he/she is putting to use by demeaning people on their blogs. More power to you Miss Tie the Knot!

Anonymous said...

I get feedback that is slightly different. My fiance is also in the service, while he's not in Iraq, people drive me mad. Most people tend to "pity" us, despite Ivy League backgrounds, and presume we're social degenerates and HAD to turn to the military for a hand up and speak to us like we're morons. Sorry for the grammar-lacking rant but it drives me crazy! And you know you can't say anything should it reflect poorly upon the service...

And that anonymous person is such a coward. Probably why they can't comprehend the things that mature people endure.